Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

There is nothing, no circumstance, no trouble, no testing, that can even touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and Christ, right through to me.
If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose which I may not understand at the moment.
But as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is!
That is the rest of Victory!

--Alan Redpath, former pastor Moody Church

I am working to live my life this way, as I deal with the reality that we have lost another baby and have experienced another precious life going straight back to the arms of his/her Heavenly Creator. Just like six months ago, I feel I must post about this before going on to post new pictures of our Quinn. The last three weeks have been more trying than any of my life, as we experienced the ups and downs of thinking our baby wouldn't make it, then hearing its beautiful strong heartbeat, then finding out it wasn't going to make it after all. I really don't think I can even reflect on it much yet, as the pain is too fresh and still too shocking. But, I can say that God is good, despite the pain on this earth, and I praise Him for His faithfulness and the way He has worked through so many people around us to show us love and support through this time.

7 comments:

Abby said...

Sam, I'm so sorry! I'm walking through this with my best friend right now...it just doesn't get easier, does it? I will be praying for you and Andy during this painful time!

MP said...

We will be praying for you and your family. We don't always understand His ways, but He is faithful. We will pray for peace and grace as you face this challenge.

Ben and Erin said...

We continue to pray for you guys and the strength and understanding during this unbelievably difficult time. We love you guys!

The Moser Fam... said...

Still praying for you, Sam!

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for you and Andy as you rely on God's strength through this process. Love you!

Katie said...

I can't even imagine what it feels like to be in your shoes right now. I will be praying for you.

Amber said...

I do not know you or anything about your journey..I am not sure how or why I found your blog....but I wanted to tell you I have been where you are. When my daughter Hallie was about 18 months we decided to try to have another child and we got pregnant right away but found out at 10 weeks that we lost the baby. I had to have surgery...then a few months later we lost another and every time I felt so much heart ache but kept searching for answers...then We lost a set of identical twins...then after losing these babies we got pregnant once again..I took the test in June of 2006..I ended up carrying this pregnancy to term and gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl in Feb of 2007. My oldest is almost 7 and my youngest is 2...since her we have suffered two more miscarriages.. NO Dr. could find anything wrong before or now.. I just gave it over to God completely. I just wanted to share my story to sort of give you hope. Also, allow yourself to cry...you need to and it is ok. I will pray for you..again I know it is strange that I am writing you but I just wanted you to know there is hope...