Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Pics

So, I just haven't really been into blogging lately. I feel badly because for over two years, I've been faithfully keeping a journal for Quinn, filling in his calendar, and blogging; basically, I've been carefully recording his life. I think that partially because of the season of life I'm in and partially because he keeps me so busy I have all of a sudden not kept up with much of anything! We really are having so much fun. I personally have no idea what terrible two's are about; I think this is a super, super fun age. Now that spring is attempting to return, at least every few days, we've been truly invigorated by the freedom of going outside. With blogging, I'm going to try to do better, starting with this brief, picture-laden entry. Enjoy! We used Easter as an excuse to give Quinn this Step 2 climber outdoor toy. It's a fort, castle, pirate ship, rocket, climbing wall all in one. He loves it!

This was some really bad bedhead he woke up with the other day. It was hilarious to see what he would look like with curly hair. :)

Flying a kite on Easter. Kites are only a dollar at WalMart! Kites, bubbles, and sand are all good, old-fashioned, cheap fun. :)

We have LOVED having his sand table. I prefer it to him sitting in sand in a traditional sandbox. He loves to dig with his trucks--so satisfying! I'm thankful for this garage sale purchase I picked up last year.
You know spring is back when the yard needs to be mowed. We've had TONS of rain, but we have had some really nice days too, which have given us beautifully green grass.

We made Easter cookies from scratch. I make very few things from scratch, especially cookies. Making these reminded me of HOW MUCH BETTER things taste made from scratch!!

Here is Quinn with the ADORABLE Levi, my friend Amanda's son. I can't get enough of Levi's hair, big eyes, and dimples. So cute!
I just love this pic with Grandma Mary and Grandpa Dennis wearing silly hats with Quinn.

When we were having such a hard month last month, we cheered ourselves up by buying Quinn a new digger toy. The next morning, he couldn't wait to try it out and was very apppropriately in his truck jammies!

What's better than a new Step 2 outdoor toy? The box it came in! It made a great "playhouse", and it takes up a big space inside now! Here Quinn plays with Papa Bruce in his house.

Quinn's been very in to pirates lately, but he'll be quick to tell you NOT the scary kind. Of course!
Last Friday, we went to Conner Prairie, and Quinn had a blast seeing the animals and saying hi to the chickens.

Papa Bruce joined us for Easter, and we had a great time.

Lastly, I thought I'd post a picture of me and my handsome date from a wedding we went to. :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Great new pics! I can see why you haven't been into blogging; you're having too much fun with your little guy! :) I love Step 2. They have the coolest stuff! Holden would also positively drool over that digger truck! I love that his jammies match. I think two is a very fun age, too. (MOST of the time! Ha!)

Anonymous said...

I love the new pictures Sam! The one of you and Andy is great! :) Hope all is well. We'd love to see you soon!

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Hey guys - your little guy is getting so big! He looks like a lot of fun. I feel the same way about Jacob, he just gets to be more fun everyday. I hope everything is going good for you guys. Take care-