Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Treasure Hunting

Quinn loves dressing up like a pirate, so every few days, we do a treasure hunt. He gets his pirate hat, eye patch, sword, and even his big gold coin, and I draw a treasure map and hide a piece of candy somewhere. He takes it very seriously, and we look at all the places on the map until we find the treasure. I always mark the spot where the treasure is with an X on the map, but somehow, he still hasn't put it together that that is where we should look first! I'm glad for that, because it's more fun searching all over. I just think he's the cutest little pirate ever. :)
He found the treasure in the mailbox!
We even had a nighttime search!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Katie said...

That is adorable! What fun! I love the flashlight hunting. :) Will he be a pirate for Halloween? Looks like you're well equipped.

The Moser Fam... said...

How fun! :) Those will be the special things he remembers when he's all grown up! What a cute little pirate he is. (I think Ben might be a pirate for Halloween...he's still deciding!) :)

punkinmama said...

I think that's the cutest thing ever! He looks adorable!

Candace said...

What a fun idea, Sam! I think I am going to have to do that for Noah - he'd LOVE it too! What is it about pirates that's so intriguing to these little guys?:)

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

That is an awesome game... I'll have to borrow that one with my boys. He is growing up so fast! Take care-