Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Choosing Joy

I haven't blogged for awhile. Life has gotten a bit in the way. Last week we lost our third pregnancy, and the last 3 weeks were consumed by it all. This time, we had a molar pregnancy, an uncommon occurrence and something that appears to be completely unrelated to our previous losses. Without giving a biology lesson on what a molar pregnancy is, it does not allow us to try to get pregnant again for many months, and it creates the possibility of issues with a very treatable cancer. God apparently wants us to take a break from all the fertility stuff and focus on the blessings we have. It is not easy to defer my dreams, but I fully realize that His ways are not our ways and hold the promise of a much better way of life if we submit to Him. We are beyond thankful for all the prayers and support we've received through this time!

So my motto for now is Choose Joy. It is easy to default to feeling sorry for myself or feeling consumed by fear and worry. It takes discipline to choose to find joy in every day and allow God to take control of all the other stuff. Thankfully, I have a 3-year-old bundle of joy in my home (and an equally joyful husband!) who provides millions of opportunities every day to smile, give love, and feel blessed.

These pics are from Easter. Quinn has wanted a real baseball helmet for a long time, so this helmet was his Easter gift.

Checking out other Easter goodies
Looking for eggs
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carrie said...

sam ... i love the title. you know our prayers are with you. love you!

The Moser Fam... said...

I love your new motto too! I'm so, so sorry to hear about another lost baby. I love your outlook and perspective and willingness to trust in God, even when it just plain sucks. Quinn is adorable as ever and your family picture is precious. How wonderful to have your two boys to brighten your days! Thanks for the update and I'll be praying for you.