Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday!

I don't have time to blog much, but I did want to get a few pics posted from Quinn's birthday party last week. Of course, it is impossible to believe that my baby boy is 4 years old. Strangers have been guessing he is 4 or even 5 years old for awhile now due to how tall he is, but it will take me awhile to adjust to the new number. We had his family birthday party last Sunday, and it was a very fun day. It was snowing hard, but everyone made it to and from our party safely.
This year, Quinn wanted a knight birthday. In keeping with the 4-year tradition, I bought themed hats for everyone to wear in the group picture, so we are all wearing crowns for the royal theme, while Quinn wears his "Armor of God".
I decided to make his cake for the first time this year, and while it wasn't professional, I thought it turned our really well. My sister Carolyn spent over 2 hours with me on Saturday figuring out how to assemble it and decorate it. I compiled several pictures I found on the internet to achieve the castle look.
I love this one of Quinn blowing out the candle.
I appreciate more than ever what a miracle Quinn is. God has blessed us with a little guy that is pure joy and sunshine. He is just so sweet, kind, loving, fun, and smart. If I had made a list of everything I dreamed I'd have in a child, I still couldn't have imagined such a blessing of a child.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carrie said...

four ... that is just crazy!! we are having maggie's party tomorrow. where does the time go? we have to get together in january! :)

the deKorne family said...

that is an amazing cake! so glad you have such a delight of a boy. i was thinking how old four was, and realized we are only 4 months behind you. makes me tear up! happy birthday, Quinn!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Quinn! Great job on the party, Sam. Love the hat idea, and the cake is something to be proud of. :)

Katie said...

Awww! Looks like a fun bday for Quinn. That cake is awesome! It made me hungry for gumdrops. :) I started reading your blog when he was 1 I think. How does time fly so quickly??!!