Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Day Pics, Finally!


I am pictured out. I've just spent over 2 hours uploading pictures from the last three months to my Walgreens account, so I can get them for 10 cents a print (deal ends today). I have, in the last month, spent so much time with pictures, making photo books, Christmas ornaments, Christmas cards, thank-you notes, etc. that I really don't want to deal with them for awhile. That will probably be fine, since January has nothing on its agenda that will be picture-worthy for quite some time! I figured I'll just blog these quickly, with few comments, and then it might be awhile till I post again! (:
To sum it up, Christmas Day was wonderful, and as my blogging friend Katie said, just as how I imagined Christmas with a small child would be! Quinn loved opening more presents (keep in mind, because of his birthday and various family Christmases, he literally had presents to open about every other day for almost 3 weeks!), and he loved being with his aunts, uncle, cousins, and grandparents. Christmas with my family and now 3 kids gets crazier every year, but it's wonderful.


Every year since I was a little girl, we take a family picture before opening presents. It is so fun to look at them over the years and see how people change and how people (and pets) are added. The only one missing this year is Oliver, who doesn't get along very well with Sully, my sister's Golden Doodle. (In Sully's defense, as a 65 lb dog, he thinks 4 lb Oliver is a wind-up toy!)

Quinn got some really fun tools and construction hat set from my parents. He's very into wearing hats and play clothes.

Quinn and Carys check out Carys's family's new DS. Andy's wearing his new hat from me, for some reason.(:

Here Quinn receives a kiss from Aunt Carolyn and thanks her for giving him that adorable chef outfit, which he often wears while cooking in his play kitchen.

Islands in the Stream, anyone? Quinn and Fiona loved his sing-along cd player, even though they put the mics in their mouths to sing, causing the mics to get too wet and not work for awhile! Maybe that's why it was for ages 3+!

Aunt Carolyn reading the babies Q's new truck book.

How adorable is this? We showed the cousins how to slow dance, and they danced for awhile! They both took music class this fall, so they love to dance.

Quinn the policeman, works with his new mixer! I'm working to raise a boy with a domesticated side. (:
And after all the presents, really, what's more fun than bubble wrap?
Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to hoping 2009 holds many new blessings and adventures.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MP said...

cade and quinn would be fast friends. cade seriously would love everything quinn got for christmas, so I won't show him your blog! ;) It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, thanks for sharing your photos!

Katie said...

I am with you on the pictures! I still need to upload more of mine to Walgreens even though I missed the deadline. I hardly have any space left on my camera! I just take WAY too many. But we have such good subjects to work with, don't we?? ;o) Looks like Quinn had a great Christmas. The one of him in his police hat with the mixer is classic. Wishing you a very happy 2009!

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

Nice pics. We love the police hat and chef outfit. Hope the new year is going to be a great one for you guys! Take care-