Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


It might seem a bit indulgent, but in honor of Mother's Day, I decided to do a collage of some of my favorite "Quinn and me" pics. Just looking at them all together makes me smile. :) I can't believe this is my third Mother's Day with him in my arms, 4th since knowing he was coming. I can list all the cliches every mom can--it's the greatest job in the world, it brings indescribable joy, etc. It is all true and then some. This year, being a mom has taken on a different meaning for me. In the midst of my grieving process, I am even more in awe of the gift God gave us in Quinn and of the gift He gave me in allowing me to be a mom. Sometimes I struggle to refocus my thoughts from the babies I've lost to the baby I have, but when I do refocus, I am so humbled by the gift of my child. I am so thankful to be a mom! :)

I am also so thankful for my mom and for my mother-in-law. I am so grateful for everything my mom gave and continues to give me. And I am so grateful to my mother-in-law for raising the amazing son I married! Both of them have been tremendous supports these last few months too. I love you both!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Courtney said...

what a great idea, Sam - so many great pics of you and your little man. you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Quinn is such a blessing! Happy Mother's Day :)

Ben and Erin said...

Happy Mother's Day Sam! Cute collage of you and Quinn too. I hope you have a great day. :)

Katie said...

What a sweet post! You're allowed to be indulgent on Mother's Day! :) There's something about Mommies and our little boys. Such a special bond. I hope you had a great day with Quinn!

Lindsey said...

Happy Mother's Day, Sam! I loved the array of pictures of you and Quinn. I wish I could come visit soon, so we could take a bike ride together. May you have many fun rides together!