Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Day


What a fun day! I am so blessed to have my two guys. Andy and Quinn made sure I was overwhelmed with love today.

My special present was this bike and the seat for Quinn. While Quinn did let the cat out of the bag a bit sooner than Andy wanted, I was still surprised and so happy. Isn't it the coolest green color? We took three bike rides this weekend, and I can't wait to go for more.


I love my biking buddy! We talk almost the whole time we ride, and when he's not talking, he's singing. If you haven't met Quinn or haven't been around him much, it's hard to fully explain how verbal he is. He talks ALL THE TIME, and lately, he's been singing almost as much. I love it, love it, love it. I can't imagine what people think when we ride by singing our songs, but I don't care. :)

We went to Conner Prairie again after church on Sunday. I am surprised how much I love that place! It's amazing how much Quinn is learning from being there too.

And this is my other present . . . A garden!! My wonderful husband nearly threw his back out digging out this space on the side of our house and preparing the soil. It is the perfect spot for a garden, and we are planting lots of veggies. Quinn and I have been planning it and talking about it for weeks, but Andy was skeptical that it would actually happen. Thanks to him, though, we're getting everything in the ground right on time. We don't have the greenest thumbs, but hopefully lots and lots of tomatoes, beans, cucumbers, and more are in our future. Thanks for all your hard work, honey!! :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ethan and Emily said...

we are doing the same this year. I think with kids it makes it more fun. We have a patch just a little larger then that. We are attempting lots of veggies though. Have fun with it all. Did amy make it down? How was the visit?

Courtney said...

You guys always have the best pictures to share - so cute! And what a creative idea that Andy had to get you a bike for Mother's Day - I'm sure you & Quinn will make a lot of great memories as you ride and sing together :)

mlnwht said...

Woo! I'm finally a part of your online happiness! If only I weren't finding it so darned frustrating at the moment. Who know uploading pictures to sites could take FOR-EV-ER! Yikes! Oh well. What do I have but time right now? :)