Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Three Is a Magic Number . . . and Age!

Today my baby boy turns 3! As every parent says at every birthday, I can't believe he's this age already. Last year flew by. While his growth is not as dramatic as the first 2 years, still there are some big changes. Compared to last year, he is no longer in diapers, carries on incredibly in-depth conversations, is much leaner and taller, and is in general more independent and strong. He still is such a sweet, sweet boy who most definitely was not terrible in his 2's. While I'm sure some not-so-terrific times in the 3's will come, Andy and I remarked today, as we observed at least 4 meltdowns by similarly aged boys at the Children's Museum, how blessed we feel that we've made it 3 years with exactly 0 meltdowns, public or private. (And did I really just type that? Because I've surely now jinxed myself!(: ). Quinn is everything I could have ever dreamed for in a child and more. We are overwhelmed with the blessing God gave us in him!

I will post pictures from today later, but here are a few pictures from our Mickey-themed party on Sunday. Quinn is so blessed to have family members willing to drive hours to be at his party at this very busy time of year. We had a blast!
Quinn with Grandma Mary and Grandpa Dennis. Each year, we've had different party hats, and it's become a tradition to take a group picture with the hats on.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

punkinmama said...

Happy Birthday Quinn!

the deKorne family said...

What a wonderful post! I am insanely jealous of his good nature and ability to smile for pictures. You must be doing way better at the mothering thing than I am! He is absolutely precious and so blessed to have such WONDERFUL parents!

Katie said...

I've been wondering where you were! :) Quinn's bday looks like a blast! Holden loves Mickey and enjoyed looking at the pictures with the hats and cake. Envious of the 0 meltdowns and the potty trained child!!!! I think I need you to come here and parent for a few weeks!!!??? You are obviously doing a great job. What a cutie pie! Love the photo session, too.