Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2007

End-of-November Post

Anyone who knows me knows I don't usually deal well with change, the realization of time passing quickly, or cold and dark weather. Lately, I've been experiencing all three, but it's actually been okay! The changes come from Quinn doing something different every single day, which leads to me realizing that his first year is almost over and I can't believe it was a year ago that our lives were so dramatically blessed by his arrival! Now, the weather is not really enjoyable, and I miss our daily walks as much as I knew I would, but I'm learning that with the gross weather comes excuses to just sit and enjoy time playing with toys and reading books without feeling like we should be outside, so I guess that's positive.
All of that being said, we haven't been doing much, and I haven't taken any (gasp!) pictures this week, which may be a first since Quinn was born (and, realizing this, will be corrected tomorrow!), so these pics are from last week.
I desperately don't want to be one of those moms who "updates" about her child but is really bragging (I just read an admonishing article about this in a parents magazine today!), so I'll refrain from listing all the new stuff Quinn does. I will, however, mention that he started saying Mommy today, which was beyond exciting, and is also quite the dancer whenever he hears any rhythm or song, bopping his head and "snapping" his fingers. I guess he's imitating what I do to music, which in that case means I better not plan on dancing in public anytime soon. ( :
We are loving life and loving our little boy!!
The quizzical look on Quinn's face is due to the fact that he was in the middle of eating turkey, and I took it out of his hand and took his bib off to take this picture!

So happy to eat Thanksgiving meal! My little piggy enjoyed turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, cranberry salad, and corn casserole. We forgot to have him try my mom's pumpkin pie (maybe because it's so good we didn't want to share!). We celebrated Thanksgiving with my parents and sister at our house.
Here Quinn matches his Poppa in wearing red striped shirts at the bowling alley.


Quinn enjoying a Baby Einstein dvd one of the mornings

1 comment:

Christina said...

Sam, I have been thinking of you all alot lately with Quinn's birthday coming up. I can't believe how fast time goes - just last year you were getting ready for his delivery and I was planning Ella's 1st birthday - wow we will now soon have a 1 year old and a 2 year old.