Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2008

16 and counting . . .

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I last blogged. In that time, Andy has recovered from a herniated disk in his back (yes, it was as bad as that sounds) but other than that (!), life has been quite normal day to day. It is a typical January (though happily the weather has been atypically warm) in that the days seems so ordinary compared to the magic of Christmas time in December. Not that I'm complaining! It's nice to be back in a normal routine again.
So, what does the title of this posting refer to? That would be the number of words Quinn says now!! At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging about my child, I just had to share with all you faithful blog readers that I have a total Chatty McChatterson on my hands! And it makes me SOOO happy!! Why? Well, first of all, who do you think he got the talking gene from? : ) And secondly, it beats that stereotype everyone says that boys are slow to develop verbally. Not my little guy! Here are the words he says, and I only count them as a "conquered" word if he says it consistently, mostly clearly, and many times: hi, daddy, mama, doggy, kitty, sock, duck, tree, cheese, ball, banana(ba-ba), apple, stinky, poppa, balloon(loo), and uh-oh. Every day this past week he added a new word. I can tell that he wants to know the word for everything, and he picks it up so fast. I love when he talks in "sentences" by stringing together random words, like "Daddy doggy kitty!". I can tell he just wants to join into conversations. It's been sooooo much fun!
Other than that, Quinn is just all over the house doing everything he can. I had to laugh reading our friends the Essenburgs' blog because their little one-year-old sounds just like Quinn, leaving random things in random places. I can never find the remotes because Q is obsessed with them and carries them all over the place. I guess I can't beat all the male stereotypes! : )
I love this picture of my two little guys watching for Daddy to come home one evening.

Quinn and his cousin Fiona love to play together, especially now that the six-week age difference doesn't mean much any more in size or development. I can't wait to see them walking and talking to each other soon!
This is a total Mommy picture, but I just love a "diaper and socks" baby before bedtime. Check out those thighs!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Hi Sam - I saw the link to your blog from Heidi's and I just had to tell you how cute Quinn is! Your post reminded me a lot of my little guy, Ben. He was an early talker and hasn't shut up since. Tell Andy we said hi. You guys look very happy! Take care! Mike and Ali Moser :)

Ben and Erin said...

We are very impressed with Quinn's verbal ability! Wow! I can't believe he is talking that much. That is so fun. :) Clare can't wait to hear Quinn talk to her.

MP said...

Hi Sam! I have been following your blog for a long time now..and you inspired me to start my own. It is so fun to see how much Quinn has grown! He is too cute!!

MP said...

Oops..this is megan saylor parker