Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

It was so fun to see Quinn's Aunt Amy yesterday! Even with gas at almost $4 a gallon, she drove down to spend the day with her nephew. I told her she would be mightily entertained by him, and she definitely was! Thanks, Amy, for visiting!
Quinn LOVES books (Thank heavens, says his English teacher mom!) and sat down to read with Amy as soon as she arrived. (He's wearing a hat because he likes to wear them around the house sometimes.)
Being silly with Mommy's sunglasses.
I dare you to look at this picture and not laugh out loud! The Oh! face is still around, and as his face gets chubbier and more expressive, it cracks us up more and more.
And I have to comment on this picture. My friend Bethany, who has a son, and I have talked quite a bit lately on the whole nature vs. nurture gender stereotype debate. We laugh at how even though our kids have had equal exposure to "boy" and "girl" type toys, they naturally gravitate to "boy" toys, like trucks, balls, etc. Quinn is so attracted to machinery, such as trucks, planes, buses, etc, and can't get enough of playing with basketballs, footballs, bouncy balls, etc. He does have a baby doll, a boy, but he really isn't very interested in it yet, even though my niece, who is 6 weeks younger, carries her identical girl version of the doll all over the place. So, I bought him this navy blue baby stroller at a garage sale, mostly because he likes to push things around but also because I thought someday when there's another baby in the house, it will help him to adjust. So, I tried to put his baby doll in it--he immediately tossed it out on its head. What has he enjoyed pushing around? No joke--he loves to push around his footballs, and yesterday, I was cleaning up and found TWO REMOTES in the stroller!!! Does it get any more stereotypically male than that? This picture shows him pushing around a balloon, which is like a ball in his mind. Okay, sorry that was so long, but I had to share that because it just cracks me up! :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Abby said...

Too funny! Maguire is very similar with Ashlyn's stroller--he loves using it to push "his" toys around :) Love seeing pics of Quinn's "Oh face"!
BTW--Mac was born 1.11.07...when was Quinn?

the deKorne family said...

Unbearably cute! I want them to play together again!!! Thanks for posting :) We miss you!

The Moser Fam... said...

This makes me laugh because it's SO true for Ben too....he loves anything that can be pushed or thrown...cars, balls, shopping cart, strollers, etc. Quinn is just adorable!