Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day weekend

Mother's Day itself was a rainy day, so after church, we spent most of the day just bumming around the house. It was a low-key day, but I still was able to reflect on how much richer my life is now that I'm a mom. Andy taught Quinn to say, "Happy Mama Day!" which was a great gift. Quinn continues to blow me away with his personality and his knowledge. I know I'll have to always stay on my toes to help him learn and experience as much as he can, and that's a very fun challenge! Being a mom is the best . . . I highly recommend it! ( :
Cuddling on the couch after his first nap (he still takes 2 a day)

Saturday was a nicer day. This picture represents much of our time outside--waving to everyone (and everything) that goes by: buses, trucks, cars, birds, the neighbors, etc. Quinn is an extremely outgoing, social kid, and if you know Andy, you know exactly where he gets it from. It's not that I'm unfriendly, but the two of them seek out people to greet.
And here Q is "sniffing" the flowers, although it's really sniffing in reverse (blowing out instead of sniffing in). Oh well. It makes for a cute face. ( :
Posted by Picasa

No comments: