Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

State Fair

Today was one of my favorite days this summer. All week I've been looking forward to going to the Indiana State Fair. It's been unseasonably cool for over a week now, which means perfect fair weather, especially for this city girl who wouldn't handle dirt, smelly animals, and heat very well. ( : So today Andy took a half day, and after Quinn's nap and a few quick rain showers, we headed to the fair for the first time in a couple of years. It was so, so fun. I just loved every second of it. We got there right before the dinner crowd, saw all the fun things, and just had a blast. We kept cracking up at Quinn's expressions because he could hardly take it all in! He was so excited to see the tractors, cows, balloons, "blower" (Ferris wheel--he thinks anything that's round and rotates is a pinwheel), chickens, train, etc. etc. As I told Andy, this experience reminded me once again how (most) things are so much more fun with kids. I have never enjoyed the state fair as much as I did today. Oh, and we had free tickets thanks to the Indy Star. Even better! ( :
Checking out baby pigs
Petting a cow
Look at those adorable baby ducks!!
Walking with Daddy so Mommy could enjoy a huge plate of tater fries to herself! ( :
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Katie said...

I completely agree, everything is so much more fun seen through the eyes of your child. (Okay, almost everything!!) I LOVE the picture of him and Andy walking away with the balloon. Classic!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the fair!! Glad I got to see you. Looks like you had a blast! :)

Lindsey said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Looking at these photos made me miss Indiana. I need to get back up there soon!

the deKorne family said...

i am jealous of everything--especially the food! :)

Jim, Abby, Jacob, and Bryce Stewart said...

It is always more fun with kids. I love the fair too. Indiana does it up too. I am going to be at Taylor Sept 13th. The football team is playing Olivet Nazarene and coach Wilt is their new head coach. Anyways, hope all is well with you guys-