Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Notre Dame Game

Yesterday was an exciting day for us. We took Quinn to the tailgating before the Notre Dame vs. Michigan game, and while he did go to a tailgate last year, this year meant much more to him. Papa Bruce gave him a book for Christmas called Let's Go Irish and even though it is more certainly brainwashing at its finest, Quinn loves that book! It tells the story of the ND Leprechaun going around the campus before a football game, seeing things like the Gold Dome and Touchdown Jesus, and cheering "Let's Go Irish" after each place. Of course, at the end of the book, ND also wins a football game. As a result of the book, Quinn was so excited to go to Notre Dame and see those places, which he says and recognizes on sight.
Well, if you happened to see the game yesterday, you know it was POURING rain almost all day. We drove up to South Bend late Friday night and woke up to tropical storm rain. It was actually the remnants of Tropical Storm Lowell. I couldn't believe we intended to still go, but we drove all the way there, so I decided as a mother of a boy, I might as well get used to being out in inclement weather because I'm sure it will happen a million times over for sports games, etc. It was actually really warm, so even though it was raining very hard, we weren't cold. Andy dropped his sister Amy, Quinn, and me as close as we could get to the stadium, and we wrapped Quinn up in a raincoat, blanket, poncho, etc. Still, I knew I was just winning the mom-of-the-year award from everyone we walked by because it was raining so hard, and no one else in sight was pushing a stroller!! Then, the luck of the Irish came. As soon as we reached Andy's dad's tailgate, it stopped raining, and it didn't start again the entire time we were there. Sooo, we had so much fun showing Quinn the real Touchdown Jesus and Gold Dome. He recognized them and said what they were as soon as we saw them. He also knows most of the words to the ND fight song, so we caught a cute moment on video of he and Andy singing the song in front of the Gold Dome. Andy then stayed for the game, and Quinn and I got to go take naps and then spend a fun afternoon with Grandma Mary and Gigi. If you happened to catch the game, you know Andy got POURED on, but he didn't care because the Irish won. I really don't care much about football or Notre Dame, but since it makes my little boy (and my big boy) so happy, I go along with it. It was a really fun day.


Quinn and Papa Bruce

Papa Bruce, us, and Aunt Amy



Standing in front of "Nuh-nown Je-us", as Quinn calls it

Q was so excited to see the Gold Dome, I could not get him to turn around to look at me for a picture.

That afternoon, he had fun inventing diffent ball games to play with Grandma Mary and Gigi.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MP said...

too cute that he knows the words to the song. He looks genuinely very excited to be there. Way to brave the elements and get out there!!

The Moser Fam... said...

I was sad that the song video wasn't posted for us to enjoy. He is such a little smarty and SO adorable. One of the cutest little guys I've seen.

Anonymous said...

Just saw you are going to make it to the hogroast! :) I'm so pumped!! I'll call you soon.