Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

God is Good

I'm sorry I haven't posted for awhile. As some of you know, on Monday, Sept. 15, we found out that the baby I'd been carrying for almost 11 weeks had died. We heard a strong heartbeat at 7 weeks, so it was a tremendous shock, especially since I thought we were in the clear, being so close to the end of first trimester. I debated posting about this, but I just have to share with everyone who reads this blog how faithful God has been to us through this trial. I have been very humbled by how gentle, loving, and gracious He has been, showing His face in very real ways and sparing me from even more pain in a few other ways. He has been there through my amazing friends and family, who have sent messages and have called at just the right times. He has spoken to me through Bible verses and songs and most definitely given me a peace that surpasses understanding. I know a lot of women go through losses such as mine, but even so, it is a very lonely thing because no one can say or do anything that makes it better; they can just ease the pain. God has been so good to put me in a place where the only option is to turn to Him, because in my humanness, I tend to go into "fix-it" mode and first try to do things on my own. I can't do anything in this situation except learn to trust Him and His timing and seek out what He would have me/us do next. I am so sad about our loss, but I am so grateful for how much I've learned about God through this all. It is because of that that I had to post about this before I could continue to post some cute recent pictures of Quinn. (And I will be posting those soon, so stay tuned!) A favorite verse of mine that has been so helpful these last few weeks is "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus". Phil. 4: 6-7 I hope this verse will be encouraging to you as well.

6 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Still praying for you and thinking about you! :)

蘇菲 said...

Pray for you.

the deKorne family said...

So glad you have been able to see God's hand in this...you are an awesome testimony! We are praying for all the details to come. Love you guys!

Katie said...

So sad to hear this news. Thank goodness for faith in times like this. I will be praying for you and your family.

MP said...

I am so sorry for your loss. The Lord is so good though, and I am glad that you have been encouraged. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Courtney said...

You are a strong woman, Sam. I was just heartsick when Dave told me the news. Know that you're in our prayers and we love you.