Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

And It's November . . .

So, we've entered the season I've been anxious about. The it's-rained-for-five-straight-days, can't-go-outside, oh-my-goodness-how-do-I-keep-you-occupied (and not climbing things!!) season. It's been a week of this already, and actually, we've survived quite well, but I have very little to blog about! We've explored coloring and Play-doh with success. I also gave Quinn an early birthday present (I'll post more about that later), so that's helped. Moms of toddlers, please feel free to pass on suggestions of fun winter activities. I'm up for the challenge and we are still having fun; I just want to keep it going! :)

Last weekend we visited Quinn's second cousins. He had such a blast being thoroughly entertained by everyone.
What do you do on rainy November days? You go splash in puddles!! This is made possible by the wonderfully adorable raincoat-rainboat set Grandma Mary gave us. Thank you so much!!
One thing I've realized with having a toddler is not only does he need appropriate outdoor play gear, but I do too! I'm digging through the closet this weekend, hoping to find items to keep me warm and able to play outside as well. :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie said...

He is sooo cute in that rain ensemble! =o) I, too, have been dreading the days of not going outdoors. The dark coming earlier doesn't help, either. Today we vacuumed twice just because Holden loves the vacuum (calls it the "mower") and likes to follow me around, carrying the cord. If you come up with any fun new ideas, let me know!

Abby said...

Ugh, I'm dreading this season, too! We have a membership to our children's museum (LOVE it!) and we frequent the 3 different malls in our area to play in the play areas there. I used to take the kids to the gym daycare while I worked out, but because of Kyle's job change, that's no longer a "perk" :( We have sort of an indoor playground here that the kids like and I'm always on the lookout for new ideas. Oh yeah, Ashlyn's getting the Smart Cycle for Christmas, but maybe Q's still a little young for that? I don't know a whole lot about the skill levels for it.
Q looks so cute in his rain gear! I agree--moms need the play clothes as well!