Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

How We're Keeping Busy

It's funny how in September, the first time the temperature dips below 70, it feels freezing cold outside. Now, if it's about 35 and sunny, we're going outside!! And the thing is, the temperature doesn't seem to affect Quinn at all--it's ME who has to really bundle up and endure being outside!
Since we don't have anything too exciting to take pictures of, I thought I'd just post some everyday-life pics to show you what we've been up to.
Here's Quinn pedalling his trike. When I first got this at a garage sale in October, I thought it would be quite awhile till he could pedal, but literally all of a sudden, he could do it. He looks like such a big boy riding a bike. Usually he wears the helmet that came with it at the sale, which makes me look like quite the protective mom but really is his favorite part of riding a bike because 1. big kids wear helmets when they ride and 2. football players wear helmets too. :)
This is the early (over a month early!) birthday present I gave to myself, oops, I mean Quinn! Isn't it funny how toys are just as much for the moms as they are for the kids because they give moms the gift of TIME?! Not that I need Quinn to go away and leave me alone; I just need some uninterrupted play time to get dinner started, return a phone call, or just not time where I'm chasing him off of something he's climbed! :)
So, this is the Little Tikes Sizzle n' Serve kitchen. I spent a lot of time researching and reading reviews on kitchens. I knew he'd love one because he mimics EVERYTHING we do, and he loves the kitchen his cousins have. Just when I'd settled on a Step 2 kitchen, we visited Andy's cousins, and in watching him play with their kitchen, I realized what other features to look for. Basically, I love this kitchen for its gender-neutral, decor-matching colors; its grill; its pot hooks; its coffeepot; and its pass-through. That's what made it better for me than the Step 2 kitchen. That's just a little review for any of you that might be considering buying a kitchen for your little one. It is easily, hands-down the best toy I've bought thus far.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: