Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Quinn's 2nd Birthday Party

Exactly two years ago, almost to this minute, my active labor with Quinn began. I had actually been laboring all day on Dec. 17th, 2006, even making it to church that morning to hear an awesomely appropriate sermon on the verse, "Unto us a son is given". That night, around 10 pm, after a long walk in unusually warm weather, the active labor began which, 18 hours of labor, 1 1/2 hrs of pushing, and a c-section later brought our darling baby boy into this world! As I look back on these past two years, I can't believe how much everything about me and my life has changed, and I can truly say these have been the happiest two years of my life. Of course, I must be cliche and say I cannot believe how fast time has gone, and I can't believe my baby is a little boy already, but every age he's been so far as been my favorite, so I don't mind. I am immeasurably thankful that God blessed us with Quinn. He is pure sunshine in our lives. :)


On Sunday, we had a super fun family gathering to celebrate Quinn's birthday. I can't thank everyone enough for taking the time to drive here (thankfully, in good weather) and shower Quinn with love. It's hard to have a Christmastime birthday, but I'm confident that Q will always have his special day, thanks to his wonderful family.
Last year we took a group picture in goofy birthday hats, so of course, we had to do it again! Q's party was lightly themed a Thomas party, so everyone had Thomas hats. Check out the smile on Quinn's face! He was so happy to have everyone around.

I loved his cute Thomas cupcake-cake from WalMart. Maybe next year I'll bake one myself! :)

Quinn was very happy to be allowed to be so close to the cake and of course, to blow out the candles.

Q looks a little stunned from all the attention, but I still like this family pic.
Earlier in the week, Papa Bruce delivered his present to Q--a train table and set! Quinn loves it so much. He played with it for almost 2 hours that first morning, with a break only to eat breakfast. It is a very fun toy, and I highly recommend it!
Q with two of his aunts--Aunt Amy above, Aunt Carolyn below

Modeling his handmade adorable hat from Grandma MaryPosted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

He is such a doll. He looks so happy at his party. Really cute picture of everyone at the party with the hats on. You are such a cute mom and Quinn is lucky to have you (Andy too!). Time does fly...I can hardly believe Ben will be 4 in May! :)

The Hernandez Family said...

So great, Sam! I love reading your blog! Glad I finally got the address from you again. His party looked like a definite hit. I also loved seeing all the pictures from earlier this fall. Great, great, great! Maybe you'll have to show me how to do this so I can have something like this for our grandparents (as they're not so much into facebook - plus I really enjoy how you get to write about what is going on in much great detail).

Ben and Erin said...

Looks like a great birthday party. I love the train table too! :) Happy Birthday Quinn! We can't believe you are 2 and that Clare will be 2 in a couple of weeks! We love you and your parents! :)

John Wisneski said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to the Mighty Quinn Anthony Albert I, Happy Birthday to you!

Enjoy your special day!

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday Quinn! You are such a cutie!!

MP said...

Happy Birthday Quinn. He looks like such a big boy now. It looks like you guys had such a fun time!!

the deKorne family said...

It gives me a knot in my stomach that he is 2. I know we are right behind you! Whew. Not ready for that! I seriously feel like I JUST wrote her 1st birthday post! He is more handsome every time I see him. He is so blessed to have such a great mom and dad. We love you. :)