Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Week Fun

The Sunday before Thanksgiving, Quinn was very honored to be the one friend invited to his best friend Will's birthday party (everyone else was family). As I've mentioned many times before, Will and Quinn are exactly one month apart, and we are the best of friends with the Kepplers. Will's party was a Mickey Mouse party, so Nan and I ordered shirts for the boys. This is the best pic I could get of the two boys. They're so cute together!

For Thanksgiving, my parents came here as is tradition. It was wonderful to have them here for almost five days. Here, Quinn cuddled with his buddy Poppa before heading off to bed one night.


We take a picture around the dinner table every year before our Thanksgiving meal. Each year, I get less and less into the decoration of the table and more just happy to be all together.


And the biggest thing that happened over Thanksgiving break (forgive me if this is TMI) is Quinn has started potty training himself. I say that because even though he's been talking about potty and we've been going through the basics with him for awhile, I adamantly didn't want to deal with it during the holidays. Well, Quinn asked to go "potty on the potty" after the Thanksgiving meal, and sure enough, he went! To date, (again, sorry if this is TMI, but you moms can especially appreciate how exciting this is), he's peed on the potty 3 times and pooped on the potty 3 other times. So, we bought a super-fun basketball toilet seat insert, and I now spend at least 20 minutes 3 or 4 times a day reading Quinn stories while he sits on the potty and we wait for something to happen. (: He's catching on so fast, so I guess we're going to potty train right now whether I like it or not! We'll see how it goes, though; I know it could be months until it's perfectly done. Still, I think it's pretty good for a boy who's not even two yet.


In these pics, Quinn excitedly looks at what he's done. ;)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Glad you had a happy thanksgiving! That is AMAZING about Quinn being so interested in potty training! I am very impressed, especially since Ben is the OPPOSITE when it comes to that. He STILL has absolutely NO interest in going #2 on the potty (even though he never wets his pants). I have NO clue what to do...he's 3 1/2!!! He knows better though because he will NOT poop his pants in public...only at home. It's so weird! Anyway, you didn't share TMI...I think it's awesome! :)

Katie said...

YEAH, QUINN! That is awesome news for all Mommies of the world. ;o) He seems to catch on to things so quickly. I am hoping to start Holden this summer since I'll be home from school. Right now he will wave bye bye to whatever business his parents do in the potty...I figure that's a start! There's a little TMI right back atcha! ;o)