Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

August Fun

Wow! Where has August gone?! I know August is one of the months that flies by the fastest, but silly me thought that since I wasn't returning to teaching, this August would be just a bit less crazy. Nope! Between Amy's wedding; my sister's, niece's, mom's, and my birthdays; plus all the activities that keep summer the best but busiest time of year, this month has gotten away from me. Of course, having an 8 month old who becomes more and more mobile, curious, and cute every day makes the days speed by as well! Here are some pictures from the last couple weeks.

(P.S. Happy Birthday, Mom!)

My 28th birthday was on August 24th. My sister Carolyn and her boyfriend babysat so Andy and I could go downtown to celebrate with a wonderful dinner. It was a particularly meaningful birthday for me as I looked back over a year that changed me more than any previous year. It is an amazing blessing to look at my life and realize I am living the life I've always dreamed of having.
Quinn was really excited about Mommy's presents!
We have loved going to the pool as often as possible this summer. I just can't get over how cute my little guy is in his swim trunks.
This is one of my new favorite pictures. This absolutely captures Quinn's curious, happy personality. My sister Emily and I attempted to take the three cousins (and Oliver) for a walk, using her double stroller for the babies. Quinn thought it was so neat, and he kept peeking his head around to see what was going on. Of course, he also thought it was really neat to touch, pat, kiss, and eventually grab Fiona's head, who was directly in front of him. Fiona, bless her heart, tried to be patient but too tired to tolerate it, so our walk lasted for about 8 minutes.
And who doesn't love baby bath pictures? Here are some recent fun ones.

1 comment:

Pat Schley said...

Sooo cute! I love the stroller pictures especially. And thanks for the birthday greetings!