Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Quinn's 1st Birthday Party

Today was a very big day at our house. Today we celebrated Quinn's first year of life with a party for our families at our house (even though Q's birthday isn't till Tuesday). It was very important to me that we celebrate his birthday in a meaningful but not too crazy way. We only invited family, but we thought the big snowstorm was going to make it impossible for everyone to make it. Thankfully, everyone did, and I realized once again how blessed Quinn is to have such a loving, supportive family. (Thank you to everyone for braving the weather to come!) It was a really fun party. Quinn was a bit overwhelmed at times, but he did really well and enjoyed all the faces, activity, and fun.

Quinn's showing how old he is (notice how many fingers he's holding up!)


The happy group of party-ers
Here we are about to open his mound of gifts. I realize now that birthdays for my child are really great days for me also because it means more toys, books, and clothes for Mommy to have fun with too! : )





I think Quinn is telling his cousin Fiona all the insider tips to a first birthday party in preparation for hers in 6 weeks.
Here Quinn tests out the COOLEST rocking horse ever! It is animated and makes great horse sounds while moving its head and swishing its tail. Thanks, Papa Bruce, for such a fun toy!



And, of course, I had to post of cake-eating pics. This is the first time Quinn has eaten anything even remotely this sweet, and surprise, surprise! My little piggy dove right in and had a blast.

And last, but not least, this is a picture of everyone taking pictures of Quinn eating his cake! Quinn was able to experience what celebrities feel with the paparazzi, I guess! : ) Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christina said...

FUN!! I am so glad everyone made it. I am sad we were not invited but I understand the whole friend thing. That is great picture of Quinn giving Fiona tips.

Ben and Erin said...

Happy Birthday Quinn! You are such a cute and fun big boy! I am so glad we are friends. I have a lot of fun playing at your house. I am looking forward to my first birthday in a couple of weeks! My Mommy, Daddy, and I all hope you have a wonderful day. Your party looks like a lot of fun too! Happy Birthday!
love, Clare

the deKorne family said...

Precious! So exciting. :) I am going to have to work hard to get Ava to eat cereal so she can work up to cake in a few months. I have the anti-piggy! Hope you had a great day.