Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Quinn!

Today our darling little boy turned one! I was actually dreading it a bit because I thought I'd be really sad, but I wasn't! It helped that Quinn decided to sleep through the night last night, something he hasn't done in quite awhile. I think he remembered that Dec. 17 last year he kept me awake all night long while in labor, so he wanted to make up for it. : ) We had a wonderful, low-key day today, full of lots of smiles and talking and ending with going out to dinner and taking some fun pictures. The one present we gave him was a "my first remote control car" made by Parents toys, found at Target. I highly recommend it. The only other toy Quinn has gotten that he immediately enjoyed as much is his Laugh and Learn home. The car is a bit loud but really fun for a little one who 1. loves remotes 2. loves to chase things that move and 3. loves noises!
Since Quinn is one, I thought I'd give a quick run-down of where he is in development. He has 4 teeth completely in, 2 more coming in on the top (so almost 4 on the top, 2 on the bottom). He usually wakes up once a night but sleeps total 12 hours and takes 2 1/2-3 hours total of naps. He says 5 words clearly: daddy, mama, doggy, hi, and tree. I don't know his weight and height yet because his dr.'s appointment is on Thursday. He is a very happy-go-lucky kid who loves to eat anything, watch and interact with people, play with remote controls, open doors, push toys to walk around, dance, and lots of other things. Quinn is such a delight! As I look back over this last year, my favorite year of life so far, I just can't believe how different life is and more so, I can't believe there ever was life without Quinn as a part of it! I feel tremendously blessed that God has given him to us and trusts us to raise him well. We are doing our best.
Happy birthday, sweet boy!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love you Quinn -- happy birthday.