Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I've got sunshine . . .

Okay, so is it even possible to look at the above picture without smiling yourself? How hilarious is Quinn's cheesy face? As you can see in the below collage, he made this face a few more times for my dad, who was trying to take a normal picture of him looking like such a little boy in his ND jersey and his new sneakers! I love this picture so much, so I had to begin my post with it.

Obviously, my little piece of sunshine in boy form keeps me well aware of the blessings I have instead of focusing on what I've recently lost. These last two weeks I have purposefully stayed very busy, almost insanely busy, so we could have an overload of fun. In the last two weeks, we've gone to story hour, at least 3 parks, the zoo for the first time, to mom's group at church, the Children's Museum, home to my parents' house, to a farm for the first time, to a pumpkin patch, and to music class. Whew! I have some cute pictures to share from our recent adventures, many of which are taken by either my dad or my mom, since both of them have a great eye for picture opportunities and free hands to take advantage of those opportunities!

Most of our fun times are shared with my sister and niece Fiona, who Quinn calls "Mina" or "Wee-na". We find good toddler activities to do on the days my other niece is in school. These pictures are from the Children's Museum, and in the above collage is a picture of the two of them at the zoo. It's to the point now that Quinn just assumes Mina will be there when we go somewhere. The other day he got in his play car and said, "Bye-bye, Mama!" I said, "Where are you going?" and he said, "To zoo." I asked him what he was going to see there, and he said, "El-fants and Mina.". Of course!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: