Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

What a beautiful weekend! After an extremely hot August (the third hottest on record!), we were blessed with gorgeous weather for Labor Day weekend. We stayed busy this weekend, spending Saturday in South Bend for the Notre Dame season opener (Andy went to the game; Quinn and I just went to the tailgate for awhile. We lucked out not having to witness the slaughter of a game and got to hang out with Grandma Mary instead). Sunday and Monday were just relaxing days of spending time as a family and going to the pool with Aunt Carolyn. With 90 degree days forecasted for the rest of the week, it sure doesn't feel like summer is coming to a close. What a fun, wonderful summer it is/was, though! It helps that summer for me no longer ends when school starts but when the weather actually changes. I thoroughly enjoyed learning how to play again this summer with my darling little guy.

This was exactly the picture I was hoping for on just the second try! Here Quinn models the Oliver onesie his Aunt Carolyn made for him before he was born. Just to show you how much it looks like Oliver, Carolyn is holding him too. I couldn't believe the two little guys posed so well! Thanks, Carolyn, for all the fun onesies you make!


This is currently Quinn's favorite place to be. He will bypass all the toys I set out for him just to scoot/crawl over to the table. He loves feeling the different rungs of the chairs. When we bought this table last year, I envisioned it making a great fort for our kids someday. I didn't realize how soon Quinn would like it!

We're not sure if the pool is closed after today, so we took a picture just in case. We had sooooo much fun going to the pool as often as possible. I'm really sad to lose it as one of the activities we can do each day.
It was a huge deal for Daddy and Papa Bruce to have Quinn at the Albert Tailgate. Good thing Aunt Amy came through with the parking pass so the tradition could continue!
Daddy and Quinn with Notre Dame stadium behind them
Quinn and Papa Bruce
And last but not least, I just love this picture of my sweet boy!

No comments: