Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vacation Pics

So, even though this is my third vacation post, I don't feel like I have that many great pictures. I guess I'll have to be better about that next time! It seemed there was always something going on that took my attention away from getting the camera out. (:
In case I haven't made this very clear, the family we went on vacation with is the Keppler family, consisting of Nan, Matt, and Will. Will, as I've mentioned in many previous posts, is exactly one month older than Quinn and is his best friend. Nan and I became the best of friends through figuring out this whole mom thing at the same time. I don't know what I would do without her! Matt and Andy get along great too and loved golfing in the Hilton Head area, even though it was 99 degrees both of the days they went! So, while it was an adventure with two toddlers and we actually didn't get to see that much of the Kepplers some days since the boys were on opposite sleeping schedules, it was still a very wonderful trip.
I think this might be the first picture of Nan, me, and the boys. How crazy that it took 18 months to take it! We met up in Savannah, GA, which was only about a half an hour away from where we stayed. It was really, really hot that day, so I would love to go back at a cooler time of year and without a little one.

I made sure Quinn wore his seersucker pants to Savannah, which Andy didn't quite get until we saw several other little boys in seersucker. Come on, I read John Grisham books! I know that's what guys wear in the South (Right, Jaillene and Lindsey?) ! ( :

Cutie-patooties Will and Quinn

And so I can include Matt, here's a pic of the Kepplers, even though Will is in the middle of eating a carrot in this picture. ( : A wonderful perk of vacation with other people is we traded off babysitting nights. Andy and I were able to enjoy a delicious meal on the waterfront on the island.
And I discovered that sunscreen on the head means fun hairstyles later in the day!
I just like this picture of my guys in their matching towels. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

MP said...

i love all your vacation pictures. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I can't believe how big Quinn is! I also loved the seersucker pants..what a nice touch when visiting the south!

Jackie said...

Looks like you had a great time! Quinn is adorable and seemed to have a fun vacation. I also liked getting to see pics of Nan's little cutie...I'd never seen him before! It is amazing to me how quickly time goes by...I can still remember sitting at Bible study when you were both announcing you were pregnant!

Lindsey said...

It looks like you all had a great time in Hilton Head/Savannah! Isn't it wonderful? Quinn is quite the Southern gentlemen in his seersucker shorts! I love them!!! I hate that we missed you; we just got back from Greece on Wednesday! :(

Christina said...

Looks like a great time - I am glad you could get away with friends for a vacation. Ane just so you know - we do have spray parks in our area and the pool at the Y is gradual entry and has a spray pad right next to it.