Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday Weekend

This weekend was Andy's 30th birthday, and we had a great time celebrating. Friday night I threw a surprise party for him that was a ton of fun. It's really hard to keep that kind of surprise from the person you live with, especially when the party is at your house, but somehow I got all the planning and cleaning done on the sly, and it worked! Then on Saturday, Quinn's Grandma Mary and Grandpa Dennis kindly agreed to come and spend the night with Quinn so we could go downtown overnight. We stayed at a 5-star hotel that we love, ate 2 great meals, and had a wonderful time just the two of us. I loved having a weekend to focus a lot of attention on my awesome husband because he couldn't be a more loving husband or daddy. :)
Today we tried to be outside as much as we could, even though it was super windy, because it's supposed to get really cold the next few days, with maybe some flurries. Yikes! I love the colors of the leaves, so I had to get some pictures of us goofing around after we raked a bit.

And finally, in honor of Andy's birthday, I am finally posting video of Quinn singing the Notre Dame fight song. He sings all kinds of songs these days, but this is definitely his favorite.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ben and Erin said...

Happy belated birthday Dirt! Sounds like the party was great. I'm sure you all had a lot of fun. I love the fall/leaves pictures. So cute! Quinn singing the Notre Dame song reminded me of being there with you guys when he did that for Ben. What a cutie! :)

Pat Schley said...

LOVE the video!!!! What great pictures of you guys in the leaves!!
I wish that we could have been there to celebrate with you....
Sounds like a truly memorable weekend!
Love you all, MOM

Andy said...

Happy Birthday Andy! My 30th is only a few days away. I don't quite know what to think about it yet. I hope you are doing well...you probably didn't know I check up on you occasionally through the blog. Take care! Andy Keller (Ghetto to you :) )

MP said...

so glad the surprise party went well. And how fun to spend some quality time together!! I love the video of Quinn..that is too cute that he knows such a complicated song!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday, Andy! I'm sure Sam made it special! I'll be joining the 30's club in about 6 months....wow, can't believe that we are starting this new decade!

John Wisneski said...

Let's go IRISH! Nice job Quinners!